IITs have always strived to give equal importance to sports, extra-curriculars and co-curriculars in order to build strong well-rounded, holistic individuals.
With 53 years of legacy, Inter IIT sports meet is an intense battle to victory as the best minds of the country prove their mettle in sports.
In 2019, IIT KGP and IIT BBS will host the 54th edition of this premiere event. This time the meet is expanding in all it’s domains.
The stakes are high this time, as each and every IIT wishes to take the trophy back home. There will be 14 sports where students can showcase their skills.
Mother of all IITs - IIT Kharagpur
In keeping with its motto ‘योगः कर्मसु कौशलम् ’ or ‘Yoga is skill in works’, IIT Kharagpur has always put utmost importance on hard work and perseverance, which are the key ingredients for success in any field. Being the oldest IIT, it has never shied away from taking responsibility or taking the lead and showing its younger counterparts, the way.
Here in the midst of the beautiful and calm town of Kharagpur, away from the hustle and bustle of the metros, lies the largest and the oldest, aptly named ‘ mother of all IITs’. IIT Kharagpur has done justice to the dreams of the stalwarts who established it and has helped foster the greatest minds of the country, who have gone on to excel in varied fields, ranging from politics to media, sports to entrepreneurship, and science to engineering.
Technology Students’ Gymkhana is the hub of the numerous extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in IIT Kharagpur. The Gymkhana is managed by the students, for the students, under the guidance and active participation of the faculty and staff members.
Our goal is to bring overall development in IITians through cultivating and nurturing their extra-curricular talents. The Technology Students Gymkhana provides a host of facilities like an olympic sized swimming pool, indoor badminton, squash and basketball courts, a humongous ground, and well equipped tracks, to nurture the students talents.
- Swimming: Individual | Both M&W | Max. 2 participants from each category
- Water Polo: Team | Only M | Max. 13 players in a team
- Lawn Tennis: Team | Both M&W | Max. 4 players in a team for men and 3 players for women
- Table Tennis: Team | Both M&W | Max. 4 players in a team for men and 3 players for women
- Football: Team | Only M | Max. 16 players in a team
- Volleyball: Team | Both M&W | Max. 12 players in a team for both categories
- Basketball: Team | Both M&W | Max. 12 players in a team for both categories
- Cricket: Team | Only M | Max. 16 players in a team
- Hockey: Team | Only M | Max. 16 players in a team
- Chess: Mixed | Both M&W | Team of 6 participants
- Badminton: Team | Both M&W | Max. 5 players in a team for men and 3 players for women
- Squash: Team | Both M&W(demo) | Max. 4 players in a team for men and 3 players for women
- Athletics: Both Individual & team games | 18 games for men & 11 games for women | Max 2 participants for each game
- Weightlifting: Individual| 5 games only for men | Max. 2 participant for each game | Max 10 players
Motivate yourself in the light of great sportsmen's and celebrity lectures.Read more
Hours Of Sports
TSG, IIT Kharagpur, WB 721302